Based on 2012 real estate transactions, a Marshall home on Copper Creek Lane ranked No. 5 in the region at $2,104,943.
Eric and Wendy Rychel made the purchase, which came just ahead of a $2 million purchase on Registry Lane in Marshall. That transaction by Thomas J. and Kelly A. Dowd ranked at No. 9.
Real estate purchases in Franklin Park, Adams and Sewickley also made the top 50, according to the Business Times.
Here’s a list of the region's top 10 home deals in 2012:
10. $1,922,950—Robert G. II and Shelley B. McIroy, Four Indian Hill Road, Fox Chapel
9. $2,000,000—Thomas J. and Kelly A. Dowd, 116 Registry Lane, Marshall
8. $2,030,000—Sandeep B. and Shaifali G. Sharma, 533 MacLeod Drive, Pine
7. $2,056,000—Elizabeth Hurt, 5139 Westminster Place, Pittsburgh 7th Ward
6. $2,070,000—Robert and Cynthia Citrone, 550 Market St., Unit 17, Pittsburgh 2nd Ward
5. $2,104,943—Eric and Wendy Rychel, 703 Copper Creek Lane, Marshall
4. $2,400,000—Jeevan S. Mulgund and Revathi Advaithi, 518 Irwin Drive, Edgeworth
3. $2,700,000—Mickey Segal/Lafayette Trust, 550 Market St., Unit 22, Pittsburgh 2nd Ward
2. $2,721,500—William Jr. and Mary Pride Winkenwerder, 899 Persimmon Road, Sewickley Heights
1. $2,850,000—Jeffrey J. and Heather Bresch, 202-204 Scaife Road, Sewickley Heights
Other Local Rankings
20. Robert P. and Nicolletta Bauer, 160 Buckthorn Road, Marshall $1,410,000
32. Steven and Vicki VannBerstein, 112 Registry Lane, Marshall, $1,225,000
34. David S. and Amy K. Fehrs, 191 Buckthorn Road, Marshall, $1,200,000
41. Mark A. and Lori L. Benvenuto, 118 Archberry Drive, Marshall, $1,102,500
47. A five-way tie included Vinay and Jennifer Badhwar of 1548 Alaqua Drive, Franklin Park, $1,075,000.
Check out some of today's other top stories here.